Artists in the Pacific Northwest turn trees into totem poles by carving out images of animals, like sharks. Each pole tells a story about a person or family and their relationship to these animals. Can you find the shark on this pole? (Hint: Look for a mouth full of sharp teeth.)
What to do
- Print the shark totem pole.
- Color the totem pole and the shark fin.
- Cut out the totem pole and the shark fin along the solid lines ___________________.
- To assemble the totem pole, line up the top section (page 1) with the bottom (page 2) and tape together on the back side.
- Fold the shark fin along the dotted lines _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
- Match up the dots on the shark fin with the dots on the totem pole.
- Tape the shark fin to the totem pole.
- Roll the totem pole into a tube and tape the edges together or tape around a recycled paper towel tube.