Applications open January 7, 2019.
About the Institute
Join us to examine the role that humans have played in the stability and change of Monterey Bay. Explore our vibrant, local environment through field investigations. Make conservation issues and action relevant to students through development of a sense of place. Topics may include climate change science; physics, chemistry and biology of the kelp forest; plastic pollution; and sustainable seafood.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Teams of 9th through 12th grade teachers; interdisciplinary teams encouraged
- Have an administrator from each school or district complete the Administrator's Letter in support of your team
- Attend all summer sessions
- Use the curriculum materials and technology applications with your students
- Stipend: $100 per day is available upon completion of the program
- Credit: Units are available through CSU Monterey Bay
Related Classroom Activities:
- Past participant, high school teacher
Monterey Bay Aquarium