Registration is now closed.
About the Institute
Explore the habitats in our own backyard: the rocky shore, schoolyard, sandy shore and slough! With colleagues and experts, you'll focus on the patterns of survival in different habitats and examine ways to inspire conservation of our oceans during this year-long institute. Implement new teaching strategies and hands-on activities while sharing ideas about connecting science notebooks, language arts, inquiry and technology. Special attention will be given to the development of science discourse in the classroom.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Teams of full-time Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade teachers
- Attend all summer sessions and Saturday follow-ups during the school year
- Implement the curriculum with your students and share your efforts with institute participants
- Lead an in-service or action project at your school site or district
- Participate in the Aquarium's online professional development community
- Stipend: $100 per day is available upon completion of the program
- Credit: Units are available through CSU Monterey Bay
Related Classroom Activities:
- Past participant, 2nd grade teacher
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Phone: (831) 648-4862
Fax: (831) 647-4526