Applications are now open.
About the Institute
Are you interested in current topics and issues in marine science? Are you looking for dynamic experiences to invigorate your teaching practice and your students' learning? If yes, then come have fun with us this summer!This free institute provides opportunities to:
- Explore inquiry-based activities focused on a variety of topics that support the Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Go behind the scenes to learn about our current research projects, new exhibits and the operation of a world-class aquarium.
- Engage in discussions with scientists and experts in the field.
- Integrate different technologies into your curriculum such as iPads and Web 2.0 applications as you investigate local field sites.
- Collaborate with colleagues as you explore current conservation topics.
- Implement new hands-on, inquiry-based activities that introduce your students to diverse science and conservation topics relating to your science standards.
- Climate change science
- Physics, chemistry and biology of the kelp forest
- Marine debris and plastic pollution
- Sustainable seafood
- Much, much more!
This summer, re-energize with the Aquarium's Connecting with Marine Science Teacher Institute and spark your students' desire to explore, investigate and understand their world. Priority is given to school teams, so invite your colleagues! We encourage interdisciplinary school teams to apply.
9th through 12th grade teachers.
- Attend all summer sessions.
- Use the curriculum materials and technology with your students.
$100 per day is available upon completion of the program.
Units are available through CSU Monterey Bay.
More Information:Apply now
Applications are due March 23.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Phone: (831) 648-4862
Fax: (831) 647-4526