About the Institute
With colleagues and experts, you'll explore the rocky shore and schoolyard habitats, focus on the interactions of living things within their surrounding environment and examine ways to inspire conservation of our oceans. Implement new teaching strategies and hands-on activities while sharing ideas about integrating science notebooks, language arts, inquiry and technology.This free institute provides opportunities to:
- Discover new ideas about teaching science and inquiry.
- Experience inquiry-based activities that support the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Implement new teaching strategies and standards-based activities.
- Integrate language arts, math, technology, social studies and science.
- Network with Aquarium educators and colleagues.
- Wonder, discover, share, learn and play!
Teams of full-time Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade teachers
- Attend all summer sessions and Saturday follow-ups during the school year.
- Implement the curriculum with your students and share your efforts with institute participants.
- Lead an in-service or action project at your school site or district.
- Participate in the Aquarium's online professional development community.
$100 per day is available upon completion of the program.
Units are available through CSU Monterey Bay for an additional fee.
More Information:Apply now
Applications are due April 7.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Phone: (831) 648-4862
Fax: (831) 647-4526