Coastal Systems Teacher Institute
Residential Teacher Institute
July 7–July 13, 2013
About the Program
The Aquarium's Coastal Systems Teacher Institute is specifically designed for teachers of 3rd through 5th grade students.
This free institute provides opportunities for teachers to:
- Engage in inquiry-based activities that support the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Explore, question, investigate, collaborate and create.
- Integrate language arts, math and social studies with science content and process skills.
- Network with Aquarium educators and colleagues from around California.
- Stay on campus at the beautiful Stevenson School in Pebble Beach, California
Eligibility: Teams of full-time 3rd through 5th grade classroom teachers
- Attend all sessions Sunday through Friday during the summer.
- Participate in follow-up workshops throughout the school year.
- Implement the curriculum with your students and share your efforts with institute participants.
- Lead an in-service or family discovery event at your school site or district.
- Participate in the Aquarium’s online professional development community.
Credit: Units are available through CSU Monterey Bay for an additional fee
Registration is now closed.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Phone: (831) 648-4862
Fax: (831) 647-4526