About the Program
The Aquarium's Splash Zone Teacher Institute is specifically designed for teachers of young children.
This free program provides opportunities to:
- Discover new ideas about teaching science and inquiry.
- Experience inquiry-based activities that support the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Implement new teaching strategies and standards-based activities.
- Integrate language arts, math, technology, social studies and science.
- Wonder, discover, share, learn and play!
- Network with Aquarium educators and colleagues.
- Stay on campus at the beautiful Stevenson School in Pebble Beach, California
Teams of full-time kindergarten through 2nd grade lead teachers and Head Start lead teachers
- Attend all sessions Sunday through Friday during the summer.
- Participate in three follow-up workshops throughout the school year.
- Implement the curriculum with your students and share efforts with institute participants.
- Lead an in-service or family discovery event at your school site or district.
- Participate in the Aquarium’s online professional development community.
Units available through CSU Monterey Bay for an additional fee.
More Information:Complete detailsAdministrator's Letter
Registration is now closed.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Phone: (831) 648-4862
Fax: (831) 647-4526