Splash Zone Teacher Institute
Aug. 4–10, 2013
Residential Teacher Institute
About the Program
The Aquarium's Splash Zone Teacher Institute is specifically designed for teachers of young children.
This free program provides opportunities to:
- Discover new ideas about teaching science and inquiry.
- Experience inquiry-based activities that support the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Implement new teaching strategies and standards-based activities.
- Integrate language arts, math, technology, social studies and science.
- Wonder, discover, share, learn and play!
- Network with Aquarium educators and colleagues.
- Stay on campus at the beautiful Stevenson School in Pebble Beach, California
Teams of full-time kindergarten through 2nd grade lead teachers and Head Start lead teachers
- Attend all sessions Sunday through Friday during the summer.
- Participate in three follow-up workshops throughout the school year.
- Implement the curriculum with your students and share efforts with institute participants.
- Lead an in-service or family discovery event at your school site or district.
- Participate in the Aquarium’s online professional development community.
Units available through CSU Monterey Bay for an additional fee.
More Information:Complete detailsAdministrator's Letter
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Phone: (831) 648-4862
Fax: (831) 647-4526
RELATED WEB LINKS