World Oceans Day 2013
June 8–9 (Sat.–Sun.)
9:30 a.m.–6 p.m. general public/9 a.m.–6 p.m. Aquarium members
- Included with Aquarium admission
Join us for a celebration of the amazing ecosystem that covers 70 percent of our planet. You'll learn about the treasures of the ocean, the threats it faces and what we can do to keep it healthy. World Oceans Day is an international observance that's recognized by the United Nations and commemorated at aquariums, zoos, schools and conservation organizations across the globe.
Throughout the weekend, you'll enjoy special programming and activities as part of your regular Aquarium admission, including:
- Live musical performances from steel drummers and performing arts group ZunZun
- Presentation and book-signing by Bryant Austin, the only photographer in the world producing high-resolution, life-size photography of whales
- "Turtle Talks" from the husbandry staff who care for these creatures
- Family craft room
- Sustainable cooking demonstration
- Special animal feeding shows
- Information booths hosted by ocean conservation organizations
Visit the World Oceans Day event booth near the Main Entrance for a full schedule of programs and presentations.