Join us for a two-day celebration of the amazing ecosystem that covers 70 percent of our planet. You'll learn about the treasures of the ocean, the threats it faces and what we can do to keep it healthy.
June 6–7 (Sat.–Sun.)
9:30 a.m.–6 p.m. general public
9 a.m.–6 p.m. Aquarium members
- Included with Aquarium admission
Special weekend activities include:
- A live musical performance by steel drummer, Derek Smith
- The Aquarium's shark and sea otter research and conservation programs presented by our husbandry staff
- Craft for kids
- Seafood Watch activity book—collect stamps throughout the Aquarium to win special prizes!
- Sustainable seafood samplings
- Special programming
Enjoy Cooking for Solutions Too!
For the first time, Cooking for Solutions will celebrate World Oceans Day this same weekend with its own festivities focused on sustainable and organic food from land and sea! Over two days you can enjoy daytime activities like free food tastings and cooking demonstrations at the Aquarium, and other ticketed events on site and throughout Monterey Bay. Through these culinary experiences, you'll explore how our everyday food choices can help the health of the oceans.
World Oceans Day is an international observance that's recognized by the United Nations and commemorated at aquariums, zoos, schools and conservation organizations across the globe.