About the Institute
Are you interested in current topics and issues in marine science? Are you looking for dynamic experiences to invigorate your teaching practice and your students' learning?
If yes, then come have fun with us this summer! You'll stay at the beautiful Stevenson School campus in Pebble Beach.
This free institute provides opportunities to:
- Explore inquiry-based activities focused on a variety of topics that support the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Go behind the scenes to learn about our current research projects, new exhibits and the operation of a world-class aquarium.
- Engage in discussions with scientists and experts in the field.
- Integrate different technologies into your curriculum such as iPads and Web 2.0 applications through local field sites.
- Collaborate with colleagues around important science conservation topics.
- Implement new hands-on, inquiry-based activities that introduce your students to diverse science and conservation topics relating to your science standards.
Topics will include:
- Climate change science
- Physics, chemistry and biology of the kelp forest
- Marine debris and plastic pollution
- Sustainable seafood
- Much, much more!
This summer, re-energize with the Aquarium's Connecting with Marine Science Teacher Institute and spark your students' desire to explore, investigate and understand their world. Priority is given to school teams, so invite your colleagues! We encourage interdisciplinary school teams to apply.
9th through 12th grade teachers
- Attend all summer sessions and school year follow-ups.
- Use the curriculum materials and technology with your students.
$50 per day is available upon completion of the program.
Units are available through CSU Monterey Bay for an additional fee.
More Information:Apply now
Applications are due March 31.
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Phone: (831) 648-4862
Fax: (831) 647-4526